Joy and Cleo

Joy and Cleo
Friends, Americans, cat lovers, lend me your ears!

Welcome

I have called this blog “Mints for the Mind” because it is my hope that the things that I share will be to your mind as a mint is to your mouth, leaving it feeling cool, clean, and refreshed. Some things may be like starlight mints, some like Mentos, some like BreathSavers, and some like Altoids. Sometimes they may be, instead, more like sourballs, and for those times I ask, in advance, your forgiveness.

03 June 2008

I love my cat, ya wanna make sumthin' of it?

Still have not done a lot the last couple of days, but I keep a file of things in progress to post here, so I will dip into that and finish some things. The following, however, is new, and in response to the attitude I run across here and there (way too often) that real men love dogs and hate cats. This is, of course, rubbish. :)

Why loving cats is manlier than loving dogs:
  1. They hunt. (Professionally!)
  2. They bring home the bacon (and birds, and rabbits, and rats, and mice, and moles, and…).
  3. Dogs are armed with teeth…cats are armed to the teeth.
  4. When cats play it sharpens their work skills.
  5. Cats don’t need to get all hyped up to attack, they’re always interested in pouncing on something.
  6. Cats don’t talk their prey to death before pouncing, they get on with it. Cats invented silent but deadly. =D
  7. Cats are their own people, not somebody’s “lap dog,” even when they are on your lap. Whoever heard of a “yes” cat?
  8. When cats say something it has a purpose. They don’t endlessly whine and yammer on like dogs.
  9. Cats are loving and loyal but don’t insist on reminding you of it every five seconds, nor do they have to slobber all over you.
  10. It has been said that dogs are like “little furry men” and that cats are like “little furry women”…if this is true then any man who prefers the company of a “little furry man” should probably keep his mouth shut about masculinity.
* * * * * * *
I said to someone that I met a while back that I want to find a woman like my cat. She said, "Ooooh, I don't think that you want to tel any women that." I said, "Let me explain." lol

My cat, Yuri, will often start purring just because I'm in the room. I can come into the room with some laundry, move around putting things away, and I will hear her purring from the other side of the room; she is loud! I can sit next to her, or put my hand on her, and she starts purring. She is like a mini chainsaw (albeit one that doesn't run steady). I am looking for the woman that will "purr" because I am around...and I will "purr" because she is around.

The woman I was talking to said that she understood, and that is how she felt around her fiancee (they have since married).

One of the things that I love about cats is that they purr. It's great! Nothing like it. =)

2 comments:

Seeking His heartbeat said...

I just wanted to let you know--since I have been reading through your blogs--that I find you to be quite witty. It's a rare quality these days.

Your June 3, 2008 entry (about why you love your cat) was both charming and sweet - creatively correct.

I found your James Bond piece beautiful...paralleling why Christianity is like James Bond as an interesting comparison.

I am looking forward to reading more of your entries in your archives.

pauldst said...

Thank you! :-)