Joy and Cleo

Joy and Cleo
Friends, Americans, cat lovers, lend me your ears!

Welcome

I have called this blog “Mints for the Mind” because it is my hope that the things that I share will be to your mind as a mint is to your mouth, leaving it feeling cool, clean, and refreshed. Some things may be like starlight mints, some like Mentos, some like BreathSavers, and some like Altoids. Sometimes they may be, instead, more like sourballs, and for those times I ask, in advance, your forgiveness.

23 March 2008

Music to drive to

I have long held that Disco is great music to drive to. It is lively (it varies), energetic, interesting (as in there are usually different things going on musically), etc. It helps one--this one, anyway--stay awake. I have tended to extend this opinion to all dance music, and when driving and tired (and/or bored) sometimes put some dance music in the CD player. Tonight, while on the way home tired, I played a CD that I have used to help stay awake in the past. (A lot more frequently I have used it to work out to.) I made a discovery tonight, however...it is NOT a good idea to listen to Trance while tired and driving on the Interstate. Fortunately I realized this before plowing into the back of another car and shifted (from Fluke's "Kitten Moon") to a different track (Juno Reactor's "Mona Lisa Overdrive" from The Matrix Reloaded).

No comments: