Joy and Cleo

Joy and Cleo
Friends, Americans, cat lovers, lend me your ears!

Welcome

I have called this blog “Mints for the Mind” because it is my hope that the things that I share will be to your mind as a mint is to your mouth, leaving it feeling cool, clean, and refreshed. Some things may be like starlight mints, some like Mentos, some like BreathSavers, and some like Altoids. Sometimes they may be, instead, more like sourballs, and for those times I ask, in advance, your forgiveness.

24 March 2008

Another dream

Another dream early this morning. It did not have the oomph of the other one, but two things stand out. First, I was with, at several points, a group of four pastors. One of them was Nathan Fillion, who played Mal on the TV series "Firefly" and in the movie "Serenity." In the dream I did not know him as "Nathan Fillion," but I did eventually recognize him as the actor who played Mal and called him by that name to let him know that I recognized him. He responded in good humor, and said that he had wondered if I would recognize him. This is the second dream with an actor in it--as himself--in three days...hmmmm.... Unlike the dream with Pierce Brosnan I do not know what to do with this one; maybe today I will pray for Nathan Fillion and that God's purposes be fulfilled in his life.

The second thing I remember fairly well is a house that was in bad shape. It was unlivable, if for no other reason than that the floor was not there in large areas. The thing that was interesting was that, although there was a basement, the main floor was in places supported at one time by the top of rock upthrusts from below. At a later point in the dream there is some sort of evangelistic drama meeting being held in the house, like with hundreds of people, and flyers being handed out. The house was still a wreck and did not start out seeming big enough, but then you know how dreams are. Anyway, this was not something I remember as real interesting--it was the rock upthrusts that became part of floor support.

No comments: